Jon, my situation is as follows:

I was in a long-term relationship with my partner for over 20 years, and we have 2 children together. I had inherited our home prior to meeting, but we did live there together for over 20 years. There has been a breakdown in the relationship and my partner wants me to move out, in addition to our children being young still, me paying Child Maintenance. I cannot afford to leave my home, pay to live somewhere and pay money to my kids, who I love. I just don’t know what to do.




The ending of a relationship is like a death, and then you add the financial aspects on top of it. I do understand your situation.

Unfortunately, there are no easy answers or aspects to these situations. What other debts do you both have.

If you are required to pay Child Maintenance, then you have to do so, and remember it is for your beloved children.

The issue, with the house is a big one. You may need to seek legal advice, and I say/write this as if the property was/is yours, there can be a question of beneficial interest. It can get complicated and a legal issue.

I have always said and advised people in the past, unless it is something irrevocable, try to work things out.

I wish you the best.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *