I am going to England to study and have been approved for a student Visa. Do I need a health insurance plan while I am studying there?




I am unable to give you an exact answer as some Visa’s here in the UK do require you to provide proof of insurance, or take out a private insurance policy whilst here.

Also there also is the fact the NHS does have some programmes where as a part of your student Visa you pay £470, or whatever the charge may be now, for annual access to the NHS.

With all that being said, should be here in the UK and experience an accident or emergency, you will be treated regardless if you have any health insurance or not.

I would suggest you query this with who helped you with your Visa, or also the University you plan to attend.



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *